Blue Sapphire (Neelam) is ruled by Saturn (Shani Dev). Saturn controls our nerves and has quite strong effects on Kundalis. It gives good and bad effects, according to your karma or deeds. Its presence in 2nd, 7th, 3rd, 10th and 11th house is considered to auspicious, but in 4th, 5th and 8th house, it’s inauspicious and may have malefic or bad effects. It controls life, death, wealth, home, children etc. It can bring blessing if auspicious and if inauspicious can create hurdles.
Shani Dev is a god of justice and however one can see Saturn (Shani) as ‘Punisher God’ but he balances the karma and deeds. He is born from fire. He is the most feared God in the Hindu Pantheon as he is known for his terrible revenge for whatever made him upset. He is the son of the Sun and disciple of Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva gave the privilege to Shani and entrusted him with delivering the fruits of all the beings of the universe on account of the karma done by them. He is considered the king of all planets and is also called the Grahraja.
Remedies to reduce the effect of Shani or Saturn:
Depending upon the placement of the Shani in Lagan or Kundli chart, there are various measures that could be taken to avoid the effect of Shani:
1. If Saturn inauspicious then one should avoid consuming alcohol and non-vegetarian food.
2. He can feed monkeys, black dog and could offer water or milk to the banyan tree.
3. While taking a bath, he should sit on a wooden plank or small wooden stool so that the water directly from the body doesn’t touch the ground.
4. He can wear natural, flawless blue sapphire (Neelam) depending upon per Ratti or per Carat weight after consultation.
5. He can go to temple and could worship Lord Shiva (as Lord Shiva is a master of Shani and Shani is a great devotee of Lord Shiva)
6. Abstinence from consuming alcohol and maintaining good moral character.
7. Give food or oil (mustard) to a needy or poor fellow. Help homeless people provide them food or water as per your will. Feed birds, ants, animals with water or food.
Benefits of Neelam apart from reducing the effect of Saturn
- Health Benefits
1. It brings calmness of mind and gives mental peace and relief to the wearer.
2. It makes a person more energetic as it reduces the stress and depression and brings calmness so the one who wears Neelam helps him to focus and concentrate more towards his work or goal thus making him more effective.
- Prosperity and Luck
1. If you lack in taking proper decisions this stone will really help you by making you clearer or your thoughts and decision-making.
2. It brings fame, name and good reputation and status in society.
3. It is a fast acting gemstone and it can bless the wearer with fame, luck, wealth, prosperity, opportunity, promotion with a few days after wearing it.
4. It protects the wearer from negative vibes and from enemies, evil eye, and bad luck.
5. It removes negativity, feeling of fear and reduces the effect of adverse situations on the mind.
- Chakra and Healing:
1. It helps in spiritual growth also since it brings calmness and equanimity it improves the focus and concentration thus helps in meditation and self-awareness. It balances the Sahasrar (crown- with 1000’s petals) chakra, unlocks the energy of the crown chakra.
- Kundalini and Planet benefit:
During sade-satti period a blue sapphire (Neelam) could act as the great savior (protector). If you are hardworking and going through this phase it can help you a lot.
1. It reduces the effect of malefic effect of Saturn in the wearer’s life (please consult an astrologer for the position of Shani in your horoscope before wearing this gemstone as there could be side- effects of blue sapphire also)
Blue Sapphires are easily available. Sri Lankan and Kashmiri Sapphire (Neelam) are of superfine quality, however, Kashmir blue sapphires are merely available in the market due to the interdiction of mining activities. Its price range may vary from 1000 to 100000 per Carat. Depending upon your need and requirement you can purchase a good quality natural sapphire, make sure they are natural or certified by a good laboratory.