Ruby is a gemstone that is ruled by Sun and ruby is worn to make the Sun strong in our horoscope as it draws inspiration from Sun. The sun holds a crucial status amongst the Navgraha (nine planets). Sun is the main source of energy and is the soul of our solar system. Before wearing a ruby gemstone one must properly consult a good astrologer since it can have a positive and negative effect depending upon the position of the sun in the birth chart.
Gem Purity and Mythological Evidences
Ruby is popular with its name Manik or Manikya in India. Ruby is one of the main gemstones among the nine gems (Navratna). Ruby comes in various colors and shapes. The quality of a ruby is determined by its color, cut and clarity. The brightest and most valuable rubies are ‘pigeon blood’. Ruby is a birthstone for July. A natural ruby gemstone should be free from flaws such as dark spots, impurities, webs, sandy appearance. Phrase (chapter 2, verse 21, Page 35-36) from Parichad Jataka describes the ruby that
“Top quality and flawless ruby is the gem for the Sun, natural pearl for the moon, red coral for mars, emerald for Mercury, yellow sapphire for Jupiter, diamond for venus, blue sapphire for Saturn, hessonite for Rahu ( ascending lunar node) and cat’s eye for Ketu (descending lunar node).”
In Hindu mythology, in Garuda Purana and Agni Puraan describes the importance of flawless gemstone.
“Pure, flawless gems have auspicious powers which can protect one from demons, snakes, poisons, diseases, sinful reactions, and other dangers, while flawed stones have the opposite effect.”
“A gem free from all impurities and radiating its characteristic internal luster should be looked upon as an escort of good luck; a gem which is cracked, fissured, devoid of luster, or appearing rough or sandy, should not be used at all.”
Rubies are mined in Sri Lanka, India, Burma, South Africa and Tanzania. High quality, certified, natural and authentic ruby gemstone are most auspicious.
Benefits of wearing Ruby gemstone
1.Ruby is hot gemstone (characteristic of the sun) so they are used to treat illness coming from the cold or damp. Ruby governs the pitta (agnaye tattva – fire element) one of the main body element as per Ayurveda, so it should be worn with gold or copper since they are good conductors of energy and thus effectively transmit the energy of the gemstone.
- Ruby is very helpful for those with weight problems or just heavyweight body that have slow biological functions.
- It is used to treat low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat or palpitations, paralysis and general debility.
- It reduces the malefic effects of the sun if worn on proper time energized with proper Surya mantra.
- Sun (Surya) is leader shows the path by removing the darkness. The ruby-like sun holds natural leadership qualities (Ruby also called King of gemstones, since it represents Surya who himself is Grahapati or the leader of nine planets), thus the wearer of this stone is bound to get great support and admiration from positions of authority, the government and administration services.
- It helps in issues related to eyesight and blood circulation. The one who wears flawless energized ( praan-pratishtith) ruby and performs a ritual called Chakshumati Vidya can be freed from any eye related ailment. This ritual is performed on Sunday and for deity Surya.
- Ruby is related to Manipur Chakra (Navel Chakra) and unblocks this chakra by providing its energy vibrations directly from the sun.
- Ruby enhances financial stability and brings fame, confidence, fortune, and wealth in wearer’s life.
Note: Ruby gemstone must be carefully scrutinized (natural and flawless) before choosing it for healing purposes.
Disadvantages of wearing a ruby gemstone
- Ruby can lead to increase in the emotional behavior of a wearer if he has water element present in abundance. Intense emotional people are often fooled by other and such people may get emotionally hurt often and easily.
- A ruby with impurities and flaws may create adverse effects to the wearer.
One should always consult an astrologer before wearing a Ruby gemstone.
Watch on Youtube Benefits of Wearing Ruby Gemstone