When And How to Wear A Blue Sapphire (Neelam)
Best day to wear a Blue Sapphire is Saturday that falls in Krishna Paksha (Waning Moon) period of a month. It should be worn during the Sunset (evening) between 6 to 6:30 PM IST.
Following is the best procedure to wear a Blue Sapphire (Neelam).
- Day: Saturday in the Krishna Paksha (Waning Moon Period – After Poornima)
Best would be to wear it on a Saturday that falls on or after Ashtami tithi of a Krishna Paksha i.e 8th day of Wanning moon period.
- Time: During Sunset (around 6 to 6:30 PM IST)
- Weight: Weight of your gemstone is mostly estimated from your current body weight by most of the qualified astrologers across the world. According to a generally accepted rule, your Blue Sapphire stone’s weight should be equal to or more than 12th part of your current body weight (For example, a person weighing 60 KG should wear the gemstone that equals to or exceeds 5 carat [60 ÷ 12])
- Metal: Silver, Platinum or Panchadhatu (Gold and Copper should be avoided)
- Jewellery type: It is considered best effective when worn in a Ring.
- Finger: Middle finger (i.e. the longest finger) on your correct hand [Correct Hand refers to the hand that you mostly use for your usual tasks. It means right hand for a right-handed person and left hand for the left-handed person.]
- Mantra: || OM SHAM SHANEYSHCHARAYA NAMAH || or - || OM PRAAM PREEM PRAUM SEH SHANEYSHCHARAYA NAMAH || 108 times.
Rituals: On the selected day & time to wear your Blue Sapphire, take your ring or pendant studded with the Blue Sapphire and place it in a clean and empty bowl.
Now, add Panchadravyas (Five Sacred Elements) in the following pattern one by one to the bowl – Starting with: GANGA JAL (Holy Water), TULSI LEAVES (Basil leaves), MILK, HONEY & GHEE (Butter). Mix them together in the bowl with your finger and keep the bowl in front of you.
Close your eyes and recite the Mantra mentioned above for 108 times and pray to the Shani Deva (Lord Saturn) to give you the endurance, power, will to work hard & prosperity.
Open your eyes and take the ring out of the bowl. Dip it in another bowl of clean water and soak it with a cotton cloth piece and wear it.
Note: Please do not throw the mixture of Panchadravya in the dump. Rather, pour it in a flowerpot or Plant pot as this mixture is considered a good fertilizer too.